Suggested Work Flow for Establishing a System for Continuous Improvement
Collaborative discussion of data that is timely, relevant to improve student learning, and focused on continuous improvement of the teaching and learning system.
- What assessment system is in place to measure student learning? Is the system a balanced system of assessment?
- What level of assessment literacy exists amongst all staff?
- How is a data management system utilized to provide timely data that is in an easy to use format?
- How are data trends and patterns used to measure student learning? How are data used to determine the greatest area of need?
- How are learning goals aligned throughout the system (i.e., student goals to individual teacher goals to team goals to school goals)?
- What professional learning will be provided to support assessment literacy and use of data to adjust instruction?
- How are students involved in analyzing their own learning data (goal setting, tracking and monitoring, etc.)?
- How does the system use data to continually improve the teaching and learning systems?
Previous: Engaging Parents/Guardians and Community
Back to On the Same Page 2.0 Home